Chronic Headache Relief
The goal of migraine surgery is to reduce or eliminate headache frequency, duration and pain by surgically releasing pressure points around the head.
How do I choose a plastic surgeon for migraine treatment?
Migraine surgery involves many choices. 第一个, your surgeon should have an established competency in assessing and treating migraine headache triggers. Your surgeon should be able to share with you their experience and training that has led to their treating these types of headache conditions. You can ask the surgeon how many procedures they have performed and long they have been performing these surgical procedures.
重要的是 select a board-certified plastic surgeon. A member of the American Society of 整形外科医生 (ASPS) is uniquely qualified given the breadth of training in peripheral nerve and craniofacial reconstruction.
ASPS member surgeons meet rigorous standards:
- Board certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery® (ABPS) or in Canada by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada®
- Complete at least six years of surgical training following medical school with a minimum of three years of plastic surgery residency training
- Pass comprehensive oral and written exams
- Graduate from an accredited medical school
- Complete continuing medical education, including patient safety, each year
- Perform surgery in accredited, state-licensed or Medicare-certified surgical facilities
Do not be confused by other official-sounding boards and certifications.
The ABPS is recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS), which has approved medical specialty boards since 1934. There is no ABMS recognized certifying board with "cosmetic surgery" in its name.
By choosing a member of the American Society of 整形外科医生, you can be assured that you are choosing a qualified, highly trained plastic surgeon who is board certified by the ABPS or the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.