What should I expect during my recovery after transfeminine top surgery?
Following your transfeminine top surgery, gauze or bandages will be applied to your incisions. An elastic bandage or support bra will minimize swelling and support the breasts.
You will be given specific instructions that may include: How to care for your surgical site(s) following surgery, medications to apply or take orally to aid healing and reduce the risk of infection, specific concerns to look for at the surgical site or in your general health, and when to follow up with your plastic surgeon.
Be sure to ask your plastic surgeon specific questions about what you can expect during your individual recovery period:
- Where will I be taken after my surgery is complete?
- What medication will I be given or prescribed after surgery?
- Will I have dressings/bandages after surgery? When will they be removed?
- Will there be drains? 多长时间?
- When can I bathe or shower?
- When can I resume normal activity and exercise?
- When do I return for follow-up care?
Healing will continue for several weeks as swelling decreases and the breast shape improves. Continue to follow your plastic surgeon's instructions and attend follow-up visits as scheduled.